All Saints Church

Project Name
All Saints Church

570 Sibley Street
Hammond, Indiana

Project Status
Church open; redecorated in 1970

Project Date/s

​In 1896 All Saints Congregation was organized in Hammond, Indiana. The church was erected in 1896, and was enlarged in 1897 and in 1902. Due to an increase in parishioners, a new church was erected in 1930.

In 1934, Mallin decorated the Sanctuary of the church for the Rev. Edward J. Mungovan. The Sanctuary Mural decoration represented Christ the King. Mallin’s bank book shows additional deposits from All Saints church in 1935 and 1941 for some unknown other work. In 1970 the church was redecorated, and the Mallin sanctuary decorations were painted over. The church remains open.

John A. Mallin
Painting Fragment
Painting Fragment


The Diocese of Fort Wayne, 1857-1907 Alerding, Herman Joseph, 1845-1924.

O’Hern M.D. All Saints Parish, 570 Sibley St. Hammond, Indiana. 1896-1986. 1986-1997: A history compiled in connection with the 100th anniversary.